Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Burden of Leadership

This article is only for the leaders. If you are a follower you may not understand.. but for my Christian warriors out there, day by day, on the grind, fighting the forces of evil in our lives and in our world… This one is for you. Some days you may wake up feeling at odds, feeling wasted, wondering why you can’t float along in life ignorance and be unaccountable like what seems to be the “V.M (or  the vast majority as my sister and I coined it)”, wondering why God directed your path in the direction that it is, why you are surrounded by ‘unreasonable’ (which our Bible warns us that we will wrestle with) people. The whole concept is heavy and worrisome, and I’m sure every true leader reading this has had a moment when they wanted to stop the war and go along with the program just to stop the friction. I’d like to offer you some comfort from the word of God as well as a story of a Christian warrior Elijah. First, some words of encouragement :
“Do not fear them, for the LORD your God is the one fighting for you” Deut 3:22.
“Am I a God who is near, declares the Lord, and not a God far off” Jer 23:23
“The eyes of the Lord are in every place” Proverbs 15:3
“Certainly I will be with you” Exo 3:12
“No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail or forsake you.” Joshua 1:5
“And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of age” Matt 28:20
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” Isaiah 41:10
Now some words of boldness:
“And the Lord said to Paul in the night by a vision, ‘Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent; for I am with you, and no man will attack you in order to harm you, for I have many people in this city’” (Acts 18:9-10).
Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13
 

The wicked run away when no one is chasing them,
but the godly are as bold as lions
.Proverbs 28:1


Now I do know that it feels very lonesome when you are in a chosen position and perhaps you are afraid or contrary. You may not even be able to find solace in your friends or family. However, I want to remind you that our Lord has placed us here for purpose, and that he never gives us a task too great. Whatever he has instructed us to do, we are more than equipped to handle it. I will close with a reminder of the prophet Elijah. Elijah was a prophet that was bold enough to question the powers of the false god Baal. He also prophesied the deaths of Ahab's & Jezebels prophets. For fear of his life, he fled to a cave. God came to him and asked why he was hiding, and Elijah replied that he was the only one left. The Lord kindly reinforced in 1 Kings19:18 " Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him"


We are not alone in this fight... not everyone has surrendered to the modren day 'Baal', neither should you! 
Go Fight the good fight!!!


 


No comments: