Monday, July 1, 2013

"I just don't fit in"

Classic words, uttered by many..... felt by countless. In which, what do you do? You look around you, and you feel that everyone belongs somewhere, but you never find your spot..... you can move to various places, disguise yourself, lie to yourself,take down, but inside the restlessness is unbearable. I have the answer for you.. and that is, you don't fit in because you are not meant too. I read this profound quote from Nigerian actress, Mercy Johnson, "All fingers are not equal, if you are in a position to help, you should do it with no hesitation." I then looked down at my fingers, realizing this truth.... no two fingers on a hand are equal, yet all of them are necessary. I would compare myself to the top finger..... cause i always stick out, lol.. People see me, and I garner alot of attention. It's hard up here though, because I see life with an ariel view.... I see whats going on as well as what is to come. It took me a long time to realize that others play a different part.... and are void of this special knowledge. Although very frustrating, it makes it all the more clear, why I am who I am.. and why my path takes me the places that I go. I recently took a trip to Bermuda... once I arrived, I was dismayed to find out that there was dissension between some family on the little tiny island.... yet before the end of my stay.. I overheard one of my cousins saying "It's crazy that it took Jeena coming all the way from Ohio, for us to see one another". It melted my heart....... so in closing.... Stop longing to be otherwise.. be who you are.. there is a dying need for you & I.

No comments: