Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rainbows: The origin.......


Over the Rainbow
I was having a conversation with a coworker about the origin of rainbows.. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised to learn that he didn't know the origin of the rainbow, as out culture has twisted and attempted to pervert such a beautiful phenom. Let me first share the mention of it in the Bible :
 in Genesis, chapter 9 (8 thru 16), this very interesting account.
Much time passed, and the waters of the great flood finally receded, and Noah put his Ark on dry land. God spoke unto Noah, and to his sons with him saying:
And I, “Behold I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you. And, with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and every beast of the earth that is with you; from all that go out of the ark to every beast of the earth.
And, ” I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.”
And God said ” This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations.
” I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a token of a covenant between me and the earth.”
” And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud.”
“And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more be a flood to destroy all flesh.”
” And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember “the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth”.

Before you run around just going with everything you see and hear, you should do your research..... The rainbow represents a promise from God... not Pride that will come before the fall........ 

No comments: