Thursday, January 23, 2014

Communication

As I shared my honest heart and feelings yesterday with someone who is so precious to me, I realized how very critical communication is in all forms of relationships. Denying your friend/lover the opportunity to understand the depths of your thoughts and heart hurts both parties. After the conversation I felt like a million pounds had been lifted off me because we were able to talk candidly about a difficult situation in which neither one of us had been able to reach a conclusion too. You hear it often, but so many of us neglect to keep the doors off communication open. I suggest that you regularly make an effort to communicate with those that are important to you, It can be the difference between a failed friendship/relationship and a lasting one.

1 comment:

BareFoot Countessa said...

I like this post a lot.....one of the simplest actions of talking in a relationship can also cause the biggest gap.