Monday, June 10, 2013

Yes, No, Maybe so.......

When we were younger, making choices were as simple as the title... however with age, it seems making some choices are extremely difficult. I for one have never been a hasty one to make life changing decisions.... I am someone that pours over choices.. as if my life depended on it because in my experience... my life DOES depend on it. I don't know if it is good or bad to be like that, because often looking around me, I see that some simply go on a whim, and do whatever is in their heart to do. One valuable option that I have learned over the years... is to simply suspend judgement on some issues.... take a step back, and evaluate your situation. What I have been taught, all my life, is that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy you. He will come in many forms that will have you distracted and you have to have the wisdom to choose wisely. I do believe that everything happens for a reason... and when you are at a crossroads of what you should do and perhaps what you want to do.... you must diligently seek God on the matter. You can consult all the friends & family you want, but if it is you desire to please the Lord with your life... his opinion all that matters. And for those of us in Leadership positions (either job, ministry or within our families) there are grave consequences for not choosing correctly, as well as public embarrassment, hardships, loss of validity and demotion of position. I would encourage anyone on the crux of a hard choice to FERVENTLY chase after the Lord.... until he provides an answer, and pray for a receptive heart to receive his instruction. Trying to go around the Lord, or mold his instruction will only delay your progress.... and if by chance you choose to go agaisnt him, you have now put yourself in the middle of a situation that was never meant for you to be in... At that point, he has no liabilty to protect & provide for you due to your disobedience....... #FoodForThought

No comments: