Friday, April 17, 2015

Tragic Murders

I dont know if it is because I am a softy or because I overthink things, but whenever I hear about a tragic death (usually by a gun) It just melts my heart. I then begin to assess why Im still living.. after the wrongs I have done, Why do I still continue to get day after day??? As you know through my blog, I've met hundreds of people. One of my penpals from Ghana (west Africa) informed me one of his office colleagues was violently killed yesterday in his home. The gentleman was just that, gentle. Recently married (in Decemeber) he and his wife were expecting their first child, as she is currently 8 months pregnant. The murder took everyone that knows him by surprise. Even I had seen him on facebook posts.. He had a bright smile that just emulated life. Although, I never met him, I mourn alongside his family at this tremendously sad loss. I often think of the ramifications that murder and random violence leaves on a community. In his case... he has a child that he will never even get to see. His blushing, happy bride has now become a widow.. what seemed like a hopeful future, has all been shattered. Its really sad :-( Why do we not love or cherish each other? Why do we aimlessly take life?

The Deceased Francis Anderson and his wife on their wedding day

No comments: