Sunday, December 22, 2013

Worth Mentioning : Janelle Monae


"When I started my music career, I was a maid. I used to clean houses. My mother was a proud janitor. My stepfather, who raised me like his very own, worked at the post office and my father was a trashman. They all wore uniforms and that’s why I stand here today, in my black and white, and I wear my uniform to honor them.

This is a reminder that I have work to do. I have people to uplift. I have people to inspire. And today, I wear my uniform proudly as a Cover Girl. I want to be clear, young girls, I didn’t have to change who I was to become a Cover Girl. I didn’t have to become perfect because I’ve learned throughout my journey that perfection is the enemy of greatness.

Embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable." - Janelle MonĂ¡e


I ran across this incredibly well spoken artist, and I felt compelled to share it with my readers..... Someone that actually has purpose is someone who is worthy of leadership and the spotlight. So if you are or are no familiar at least you will understand why she does what she does.... kudos Janelle

No comments: